Thursday, November 24, 2005

Bye Bye Baby

Have you noticed the ticker at the bottom of my blog page? Yeah. Miles is almost one. ALREADY!!! Where did this past year go? I can't believe how fast it's gone by, how much he's grown, and how much he's learned in the past month alone!

We're gearing up for the big first birthday party this coming Saturday (his birthday is in the middle of the week, so we're going to party on the weekend instead). I think it's going to be a lot of fun for all of us, watching both of the boys tearing into presents. You HAVE to know that Jonah's going to want to help Miles open his presents. What great preparation for Christmas Day!

A few weeks ago we were looking through pictures and Grandma pulled out one of me and my cousin that was on the front page of the local newspaper. She holds it up so we can all see it and says, "Who does this look like?" I was surprised and amazed. Miles looks so much like me! I've always thought that he looks so much like his Daddy, but he really, really does look a lot like me too. Let me show you what I mean.


That's my aunt on the left, me in the middle, and my cousin on the right - my cousin and I are 4 months apart. I'm really not sure anymore about what he's doing with my diaper in this picture.

Now let me show you one of Miles.


Can you see the similarities? If I only had a picture of baby Courtney to compare him to....

More updates later, after the birthday party!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

yes you sure can see you in him in that picture

A year sure has gone by quickly

Happy Birthyday Miles

Sherri Lavender said...

Yeah, I was quite surprised and amazed by the resemblance too! He definitely looks like you! You really need to frame that picture of you! And I need to take a look at the other bath pics of Miles too!

The birthday party was fun! And Jonah likes his 'loot' too. That puzzle was the first thing he played with this morning!

Sherri Lavender said...

OK, I said "too" way too many times in that last post! Sorry readers!

kathryn said...

Happy birthday, Miles!!! Like Mommy, like son! I see the resemblance in the eyes.

kathryn said...

yay, today's the day! Miles birthday!!! wow. . 1 year already?! Hard to believe how quickly the time has gone!!!! Hope Miles is enjoying his day?! Mom too!!!!

Tracy said...

Great comments guys, thanks so much.

Sherri, I'm glad Jonah likes his puzzle. There may be another one getting wrapped up for Christmas...shhh!

Kathy, isn't it amazing how our offspring resemble us? It blows my mind.

Lindsay, I hope that doesn't mean that I look like Mike Tyson too! lol Miles makes that crazy face all the time now, especially when there's a camera pointed at him. I'm pretty sure he's had some kind of growth spurt since the Halloween party. Suddenly, 18 month clothing isn't looking so roomy anymore.

Aww, that was sweet Uncle Mark! (yes, we call him Uncle Mark too, even though he's Jonah's uncle, not Miles'. why the heck not?)