Sunday, December 18, 2005

At a loss

I haven't blogged much lately, and I don't mean just writing - I haven't even kept up on the reading portion. I don't know why. I don't have any reasons or excuses. That's just how it is. So I was sitting here thinking that I should write up a new blog post sometime soon....but about what? Nothing was coming to mind, so I Googled (don't you love how that's a word understood by nearly everyone now? haha!) "blogging ideas" and came up with a little something. I landed on this list of 10 Ways to Create Content for Your Weblog, and Way #9 struck a chord.

9) Be a Sleuth! Are there things that you've always wondered about but
never found the opportunity to get the facts? You might have asked yourself one
or more of the following questions at one time or another: "How do you build an
igloo?" "What are the different species of spiders?" or "Who is the richest
woman in the world?" Well, now might be a good time to get your detective or
research skills in to action. Check search engines, almanacs, and other sources
of information. Then, start blogging your findings!
I've been wondering what Trackbacks are. Have you seen that word at the bottom of people's blogs? It's on mine and I don't even know what it means! But I've done some research now and I think I've got the hang of it.

Basically, it's simply a way of letting a person know that you've added a link to their blog in your own.

I was going to test using trackbacks, but after some further research, I found out that Blogger doesn't support them! What the...???

Oh well. At least this exercise helped me find something to write about!

No comments: