Friday, March 03, 2006

Root Beer

Why we put our burgers in foil bags:

Back in our drive-in days, we used to bring our burgers right to our
customers' cars. We found that foil bags kept the burgers hot and fresh
every time. Which is why we still serve them like that today.

A&W. It's all in the details.

Why there's no ice in our drinks.

It's quite simple. Ice melts and that dilutes the taste. And
that just won't do. So we only use soda fountains that pre-chill our
drinks to the perfect temperature. That way, it tastes right, every
time.

A&W. It's all in the details.

Music to a Virgo's ears.

And they give the company's history on their website too. Cool.

You've gotta love a restaurant that serves root beer......

5 comments:

Krista said...

The day they serve a veggie burger will be the day I love their restaurant! I recommend avoiding the nutrition section! :)

Tracy said...

Probably a good idea...

kathryn said...

i love veggie burgers, but they don't love me. . (soy :( boo hoo!!) President's Choice makes a great veggie burger. . if memory serves me! I think that restaurants should always have a good veggie option.

Alexis said...

I loved the good old days of the A&W drive in days. where you drove up, put a speaker in your window, listened to good old music, placed your order and a girl on roller skates delivered your tray of food.

It was fun for a treat. A&W always had the best rootbeer in town. Maybe it was cause there was no ice and chilled just right.

who knows.

These days I am trying to stay away from the fast food windows and follow my diet to the best of my ability.

Thanks to Krista I have come to like Tofu, veggie burgers, and many other healthy choices.

Lori said...

That's pretty cool.

I just read about a 12 year old girl who did a science fair project on the amount of bacteria in various restaurants. Turns out that in several of the fast-food places she tested, the toilet water was cleaner than the ice from the icemaker. There were tons of e. coli and salmonella bacteria in the ice.

Lesson: when ordering beverages from restaurants, ask for no ice!