Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Return to the Road Rant

The original rant...

In the middle of stop and go traffic, it dawned on me. I now know why those drivers who make me crazy do what they do!

I drive a standard transmission – “They” all drive automatics! It sure makes a difference when you have to keep pumping that clutch up and down. It makes sense that those of us who can drive a stick have different driving habits than those who don’t. We are, perhaps, more aware of our driving as our hands, feet and minds are kept busy manipulating clutches and stick shifts while keeping an eye on the traffic around us. Heck, if all I had to do is bend one toe on the gas pedal, I’d probably be a creepy crawler at the stoplights too. NOT!!!

All this to end up with crazy déjà vu – I think I’ve realized this before, years ago……Doh!

5 comments:

kathryn said...

i miss driving a standard!!! boo hoo!!!

but you're right, in stop and go traffic. . bah! can give you a real shin ache on your clutch leg. You make me laugh, standard or automatic. .i've never been a 'creepy crawler' at any light or sign!! i don't get why ppl are?! bend one toe on the gas pedal!!! LOL!!!!!

Tracy said...

You'll like this part too . . . I wrote most of that while I was in that stop-and-go traffic!!!

kathryn said...

LOL!!!! multi tasker!!!

Tracy said...

To the MAX man! :)

Alexis said...

no way you did not really write this driving a standard