Saturday, June 04, 2005

Love Hate Relationship

I'm not a great lover of shopping. Let me try to clarify that. I'm not a great lover of going shopping. I don't shop because it's fun, I shop because I have to.

One Christmas I was just dreading the thought of hitting the malls. So I started surfing. That led me to an experience I cannot forget. I ended up buying gifts for all the girls on my list from a place called Lush. If you love great-smelling soaps, shampoos, bubble baths, powder, massage bars, moisturizers, and perfume, made with lots of natural and organic ingredients, you've got to check this place out. So I ordered a bunch of stuff for gifts (as well as a couple of things for myself), and when the box arrived, I could smell its Lushness well before I got to it. I couldn't wait to get inside and tear open the box. It was just divine. The smell was so wonderful I felt giddy! Later, I learned that there's a Lush store on Queen St. W. in Toronto. My sister and I would leave early on a Saturday morning to make our Lush run - it's the only store we visited while in Toronto! - then get back in the car and Krista would go through both our bags of goodies and we'd smell everything all over again and Krista would read the descriptions of all our items from the catalogue. We loved it! Due to cost and time and blah blah blah, we haven't done that in quite a while. Maybe it's time again, eh Kris? Pay Jimmie a visit? Anyhow, there are a few items I would recommend: Lip Service Lip Balm, Butterball Bath Bomb, and Angels on Bare Skin Facial Scrub. Great names, huh?

Lately I've been surfing around eBay trying to find a great deal on some Robeez for Miles. These shoes are in crazy demand! The prices they go for are unbelievable. I think so at least. Even used shoes go for over $20. I thought maybe I'd be able to find a cute lightly used pair for Miles to get his walking feet in. Shopping on eBay is tricky though. You have to be careful not to get sucked into a bidding war - it's so like gambling. I'll just have to keep on checking. Does anyone ever get a real deal on eBay? I don't think it's in the cards for me. :)

With those thoughts laid to rest, I'm going to lay myself down for a rest.

Happy shopping everyone!

3 comments:

kathryn said...

i'm with you, chick. . i hate shopping!!!

Lush sounds GREAT!!!! I think that i will check it out, seeing as how i am also a 'smell person'. .and go into raptures with great, smell-nice products!

E-Bay!!! my sister Jenn does a lot of her kids clothes shopping on E-Bay!! I was over at her place last week in the evening, she was in a bidding war for an outfit and she lost. . d'oh! she was bummed!

hope you get Miles' shoes!

Krista said...

It SO is time for a Lush run! And Jimmie would probably love to meet Mista Miles! :) Set it up!

Krista said...

Interesting fact - I just read that Robeez Footwear Ltd. is ranked #6 of Canada's 100 fastest growing companies!

http://www.profitguide.com/profit100/2005/p100.asp?Rank=1&S=Rank