Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Making Connections

Does anyone within my local readership have the book, “Make the Connection” by Bob Greene and Oprah Winfrey? I would love to borrow it, if it’s available.

Who has read this book? Was it helpful? I’ve seen the video and it was good, but not quite enough to make a connection for me. (I want to dig in a little deeper)

If you have it, please let me know if you’re willing to give it up for a little while.

If you’ve read it, please tell me your thoughts.

I’ve got four books waiting for me to read them – and quite the array; Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller, The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling, and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Drawing - so if everyone thinks Make the Connection is utter crap, I’d rather just move on and forget about it.

Thanks guys!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Tracy I have just sent off an email to my mom to see if she has it in her collection of books.

At her age that’s all she seems to do these days is relax, eat, golf & read. Oh what a life!!

Will let ya know when I get home from the cottage this weekend.

Lex

Krista said...

I picked up Bob Greene's "Get with the Program" last night - got it for $6.00! I'll bring it over for you this weekend. I think it was written after "Make the Connection".

K

Tee/Tracy said...

LOL, I don't have it. Sorry!

I need to get my hands on Harry Potter but I have to wait until the rest of the residents of the city are done with it. (library). LOL.

supersimbo said...

na aint read it sorry! don millers books are real good....... oprah does my head in, like she is some sort of..........i dunno she just does my nut!

Tracy said...

Ally, Oprah DOES YOUR NUT????? LOL

kathryn said...

ooh, sounds racy!

ha ha!!!!


I think i know what you mean, Ally.
Oprah has this demigoddess-like quality - she seems like an awesome woman whom other women relate to, revere, worship even. She's very philanthropic. . she's driven, ambitious, entertaining. . but she has a bad habit of wanting to be the centre of attention, get the laugh and she regularly interrupts her 'experts' who are trying to do what she invited them on the show to do!!! But hey, its her show and she's Oprah!!! I buy her mags sometimes. . i enjoy them. I sometimes watch her show.

I don't have the book Tracy. . i'm sure someone you know somewhere will have it and loan it to ya!!