Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The London Regional Children’s Museum

Miles and I are on our first overnight trip away from home. It’s going well so far, much to my relief.

Today we visited the London Regional Children’s Museum. What a lot of stuff to see and do! This will be a great place for us to continue visiting for years to come.


Here's Miles playing in an old-fashioned kitchen. It surprised me how popular this exhibit was!


Here's Miles "riding" a Skidoo. See the polar bear in the background? There was also an Arctic Fox just in behind there.


Miles driving a fire truck. He refused to wear the fireman's hat. Another popular exhibit, of course.


Here's Miles on a twisty slide. He was a little hesitant to go down it at first, but after he did it once, he just kept going and going,

We finished the day off with a brief shopping trip at White Oaks Mall, then sushi for supper. I wish I could post the video of me feeding him noodles with chopsticks. He loved it!

We're off to Storybook Gardens tomorrow. Check back in later.

3 comments:

Alexis said...

wow looks like everyone is having fun. I guess you are on holidays this week. Enjoy.

By the way Tracy happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

I worked in childcare when we lived in London 7 years ago and the family I worked for had season's passes to both, so I spent a bit of time at both.

The 'old fashioned' area was my favourite at the museum, but no one was ever around when we went. The popular areas then were the Mc Donald's/grocery store area and the treehouse/science areas. They were always crowded and the rest of the museum seemed empty. The ski-doo has been added since then, I don't remember that!

Storybook Gardens has had a makeover since I went last, so I'll be interested in your opinion on it. I thought of taking our kids this summer, but never got around to it. It stays open late in the year (or year-round?) I think, but we'll likely wait until next summer.

Love the pictures of Miles!

kathryn said...

how fun!!! Mommy and Miles time!!! You had a b'day, T? Happy belated birthday!! I hope that it was an enjoyable day for you?! (i'm sure that it was!)