Monday, February 20, 2006

Another First

Back near the end of January, I had finally had enough of picking little bits of lint and fluff out of Miles’ curls. It was time for action! The time and place were ideal as well. While Miles was bathing, I pulled out a fine-toothed comb and a pair of scissors and went to work. I called for Grandma to grab my camera and come on into the bathroom to document the event. After I looked after the top section, I just kept going – the strands that curled back over his ears was driving me crazy too! He took it all in stride, as he does with most things. Miles just looked at us, wondering what we were doing. I think his hair looks much nicer now without those bits of fluff decorating it. I wasn’t able to get a good “after” picture in the days following the haircut, but perhaps in the days and weeks to come you’ll The New Miles.



Note: If anyone ever wonders why Miles' bath water always looks a little mucky, there are two reasons:

1. The tub is Olive Green - an original from when the house was built.

2. Miles gets an oatmeal bath every night to aid his eczema and prevent it from becoming an issue again.

6 comments:

kathryn said...

awwww. . cutie! everyone feels great after a hair cut - even babies, i bet!

Tracy said...

I love the way my hair looks after a haircut! (I loved the way Miles' looked too!)

supersimbo said...

i have eczema...........i never heard that cure before..........i wash my fash with tea tree oil every day and then have to moisturise! such a pain!
the kid is cute, cool hair...........you are talented with the scissors!

Alexis said...

You know I think he is cute any wich way with fluff in his hair, with or with out curls, but that first hair cut is always the biggie.

Miles never really seems to mind posing for a picture. He is getting big so fast. Still can't wait till both Miles & Jonah can say my name.

I hope you kept his hair for him.

Tracy said...

Oh yes Alexis, I kept his hair for his baby journal. Cute little curls...

Ally, Miles had so much trouble with eczema when he was about 3 months old - most especially on his left cheek. It got all weepy and just gross. After we finally got in to see a dermatologist, it cleared up pretty fast. They suggested an oatmeal bath every day to help get moisture into the skin, and then to coat him down with Vaseline to seal the moisture in. I'm surprised Miles hasn't already picked up the nickname "Slick"! But the combination works well, even though I need to medicate that one cheek far more than I really like to.

Tracy said...

Lindsay, at first I didn't understand your question. I thought, there's different types of eczema? But I think you just meant location.

Miles gets eczema pretty much all over his body very mildly. It is mostly concentrated on his one cheek. Everywhere else I can get it to clear up pretty fast with his prescibed ointment, but that spot on his cheek is very stubborn.

When you get it on your hands, is it dry in patches, or in single, little tiny dots?