Thursday, February 23, 2006

Waiting on the train

A railway line runs through our city, connecting the three little towns to the rest of the continent.

Awesome.

However, it crosses the busiest road in the city at the busiest intersection in the city. This really ticks a lot of people off. Folks will drastically change their driving routes home just to avoid the possibility of being caught by the train.

I see it as an opportunity though.

An opportunity to take a deep breath, turn up the radio, and take 5 or 10 minutes to relax. Heck, I’d take a nap if I knew I’d wake up when the road was open again.

Some days I wish for the train to be crossing when I reach the tracks.

Choo-choo!

3 comments:

kathryn said...

you're a glass half full kind of gal, Tracy! I agree. . i think sometimes we need to be forced to breathe, or think or stop for a few minutes. James would LOVE to be held up by any train!!! He's in a deep train phase at the moment!!!

Tracy said...

What would be great here is an expressway to get us around the city. With all of the lights and stops (and trains), it takes far too long to get from one end of the city to the other (i.e. my daily commute to work).

Alexis said...

I hate those tracks at the best of times they annoy me and I get infuriated with the city to allow Toyota to abuse the priviledge they were first given. Once a day to use those tracks is now 4 or 5 times or more.

Ya but our City planner never planned far enough ahead to be smart enough to take into consideration the baby boomer era and the growth of a 1 hr drive from Toronto would in pack a small town of Galt, Hespeler, or Preston.

I agree Lindsay it sure would be better spent money to build the over pass over that track and I also agree with Tracy that we near and express way like they have in kitchener.

We need some modern day planners to design some alternative ways to quickly get from one side of town to another.

It can take over 30 mins at any given time to go from one side to another and to get to the 401.